Lifesaving Certified Training
learn the skills
to save a life
The YMCA of Kingston and Ulster County is a proud provider of the American Red Cross Health & Safety and Aquatic Training programs. Our courses are offered year round to all and include both full courses and/or re-certification/renewal courses. We are able to train both on and off-site… with flexibility to meet the needs of your organization!
Lifeguard Certification Classes
Lifeguard certification offers two options:
1. Blended learning combines online learning with on-site skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency.
2. In-house session is done on-site for both classroom & water skills. Classroom session is done via PowerPoint & video clips. No text book is required however you may purchase on line separately.
Participants will learn lifesaving, standard first aid, blood born pathogens protocol, and CPR/AED. Attendance of every class is required for the completion. Upon completion they will receive their certifications from the American Red Cross.
Mandated Requirements-No Exceptions-No Refunds for failed Swim Test
*Must be 15 years old by the completion of this course
*Must be able to swim 500 yards(11 laps-22 lengths) in a combination of 200 yd front crawl, 200 yd breast-stroke and 100 yd or either one.
*Must attend all scheduled classes.
you can be PRE-TESTED to see if you meet requirements by contacting email@example.com
Fee: $350.00 NON-refundable
Includes CPR recert. MUST attend all 4 days from 5:30-930pm (no exceptions)
fee: $175.00 (must bring mask or $10 fee)
CPR/AED First Aid Adult & Pediatric
MUST attend both days from 6-9pm
fee: $95.00(mask included)
CPR/AED First Aid Adult & Pediatric Recertification
One day training from 530-930pm
fee $70.00 (must bring mask or $10 additional fee)
Water Safety Instructor Certification
Age: 16 years old by course completion and complete swim test
email firstname.lastname@example.org for swim test specifics
**NO refunds for failure to pass swim test
**MUST attend all classes
fee: $400.00 for 12 weeks
Upcoming Sessions: TBD
Lifeguard Management In-person Test
Designed for youths ages 11-16.
We make our babysitter’s training course fun! We’ll teach you how to be the best babysitter through engaging activities, videos and discussions. Our instructors will teach you how to:
- Supervise infants & children
- Find & interview for babysitting jobs
- Develop leadership skills & run a babysitting business
- Perform skills such as diapering & feeding
- Handle bedtime & discipline issues
- Identify safety hazards, prevent injuries, & learn basic first aid
- Communicate effectively with parents